Archived Lab News
2012/2013 Academic Term Lab News!
- Congrats to our recent graduate, Dr. Tess Neal, for being awarded the Psychology Department’s nomination for the Arts and Sciences Outstanding Dissertation research! Way to represent the lab, Tess.
- Check out Caroline, Jacklyn, and Stan’s co-authored articles in the most recent issue of The Jury Expert! Nice to see our efforts coming together!
- Three cheers for Stan and the release of his most recent book, Testifying in Court, 2nd Edition, by APA books!! We could not ask for a better mentor to guide our own creative and intellectual pursuits.
- Big cheers to Dr. Tess Neal and Dr. Mitch Ziemke – who have successfully completed their first-choice clinical internships and have officially earned their doctorate degrees! Check out the Graduates page to see where our graduates will “officially” start their careers in psych/law!! The field is lucky to have you both.
- Welcome to our new lab members! The lab is delighted welcome Michelle Jones, JD - our newest graduate student member and to David Sams, JD, Kara Dickson, Abby Jones, and Chelsea Henderson… check out our Members page to learn about our new additions!
- Congrats to Caroline for successfully passing her preliminary dissertation exam on May 2nd! Cheers to our newest “doctoral candidate.”
- Cheers to Caroline and her co-authors Jacklyn & Stan for taking home the AP-LS Outstanding Paper award at the 2012 conference!
- Congrats are in order for Jennifer, who was just selected as the 1st Place recipient and speaker for the GSS 1st Lecture Series. It is part of the annual GradFest experience and to compliment the faculty-based Last Lecture Series. Way to go Jen!
- Check out Jess and Stan’s empirically informed take on the potential influence of Vocal Pitch in the courtroom in the March issue ofThe Jury Expert.
- Way to go Jacklyn for successfully defending your Master’s Thesis! All that hard work and all those hours in the courtroom paid off!
- Cheers to Tess for accepting a 2-year postdoctoral position at UMass Medical
- School (half clinical-forensic training and half research)! They’re lucky to have you!
- Congrats to the whole lab for having several papers, posters, and a symposium accepted to this year’s AP-LS conference in March, 2012 – Puerto Rico here we come!
2011/2012 Academic Term Lab News!
- Best wishes to Kaycee, one of our shining undergraduate lab members, who is celebrating her recent UA Graduation and is onto UA Law School in the fall!
- Way to go Tess for being awarded the UA Psychology Department Outstanding Teaching award for 2011!
- A big cheers to Mitch, the 2011 UA College of Arts & Sciences Outstanding Dissertation Award Winner!! Well done.
- Congrats to Jennifer and Caroline who each have had their first article acceptances for publication… Jen’s from her thesis and Caroline from her NSF work in Australia. Welcome to the club!
- Cheers to Tess Neal for successfully defending her doctoral dissertation on August 25th, 2011!! Well done.
- Congrats to Jacklyn Nagle and Caroline Titcomb for being voted into the AP-LS student executive board, as the 2011/2012 term secretary and clinical liaison, respectively!
- Welcome to Jessica Boyle, our incoming first year member for Fall 2011!
- Congratulations to Jennifer Kelly Wilson for presenting her thesis work at this year’s APA meeting in Washington, DC in August. Way to go, Jen!
- Congratulations to Caroline Titcomb and her co-authors (Maddy Semon, Stanley Brodsky) for taking home one of the Outstanding Poster awards at the Alabama Psychology Association meeting on June 3rd, 2011. Great teamwork!
- Cheers to Mitch Ziemke for successfully defending his doctoral dissertation on May 6th, 2011!! Well done.
- Congratulations to Tess Neal and Mitch Ziemke for landing their first-choice internship selections – Tess at UMass Medical Center & Worcester State Hospital, and Mitch at Federal Medical Center in Rochester, Minnesota – Well deserved!! You will be missed!